Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding attachments to a Sales Order or Purchase Order

By
Nicholas Burdick
on 6/15/13, 3:34 PM 4,165 views

Hi,

In our company's current paper system, we add the following attachements to various documents:

1. To Sales Orders, we attach the customer Purchase order once they have confirmed the order
  2. To Vendor Purchase orders, we attach their confirmation of the order (either email or pdf)
  3. To invoices, we attach the check stubs once they are paid

Does anyone have a recommendation on how best to handle this in OpenERP? I've seen that you can add attachments to the discussion area for a given SO, Invoice, etc... but I would really like it to be more visible in the actual document.

It sounds like a custom module to me... thoughts?

Thanks, Nick

Borni DHIFI

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

http://www.linkedin.com/in/borni

Borni DHIFI
On 6/15/13, 6:29 PM

Hi,

just install module document avalaible in apps openerp then a menu attachments will be displayed in all form.

How to add a link to download an external file?

Thanks! I figured this was already available. Just a little clarification for those that come along behind me, this module is the "Document Management System" module in the apps install section of V7.

Nicholas Burdick
on 6/15/13, 6:46 PM

Do you have a problem attaching pdfs with this module? It says "nonetype is not iterable.

Nicholas Burdick
on 6/15/13, 6:55 PM

I dont have any problem . try to install this module into a new database if some problem try to another version of openerp

Borni DHIFI
on 6/15/13, 7:10 PM

I got it working. But I did the following two things as well to get it going, 1) install "poppler-utils" on the system and 2) change the postgres db to bytea_output='escape'. This got it working. But we probably ought to reference this bug on launchpad too... https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1094423

Nicholas Burdick
on 6/15/13, 8:11 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/15/13, 3:34 PM
Seen: 4165 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM