This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

In our company's current paper system, we add the following attachements to various documents:

1. To Sales Orders, we attach the customer Purchase order once they have confirmed the order
  2. To Vendor Purchase orders, we attach their confirmation of the order (either email or pdf)
  3. To invoices, we attach the check stubs once they are paid

Does anyone have a recommendation on how best to handle this in OpenERP? I've seen that you can add attachments to the discussion area for a given SO, Invoice, etc... but I would really like it to be more visible in the actual document.

It sounds like a custom module to me... thoughts?

Thanks, Nick

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

just install module document avalaible in apps openerp then a menu attachments will be displayed in all form.

How to add a link to download an external file?

Discard
Author

Thanks! I figured this was already available. Just a little clarification for those that come along behind me, this module is the "Document Management System" module in the apps install section of V7.

Author

Do you have a problem attaching pdfs with this module? It says "nonetype is not iterable.

I dont have any problem . try to install this module into a new database if some problem try to another version of openerp

Author

I got it working. But I did the following two things as well to get it going, 1) install "poppler-utils" on the system and 2) change the postgres db to bytea_output='escape'. This got it working. But we probably ought to reference this bug on launchpad too... https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/1094423