Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding an object park in the "fleet" module (Odoo)

on 3/12/15, 7:17 PM 544 views

Hi everyone, under the module "fleet" Odoo I want to add a new object "park" in connection one2many with "vehicle" (ie, each vehicle is assigned a park x) and for more precision :

1) add to the menu item "Park" before "Vehicles"
2) a form for inserting objects "park" with two attributes (name_parc and adr_parc)
3) define the relationship one2many between park and vehicle
4) addition of linking field park in the vehicles form

a) I make this change directly on the "fleet" module or i must create another module with inheritance?
b) if possible a small technical description for this change

thank you in advance the Odoos

| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

On 3/13/15, 6:16 AM

Hi Mehdi,

I suggest you to add your own custom module for this, as it is the better way. Because by doing that the change you make will only affect in Database that you install your custom module. And if you don't need that changes you can simply uninstall your custom module.

You can refer this Document for the module development: Official odoo v8 Developer docs [GitHub Source]

Hope this helps..

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/12/15, 7:17 PM
Seen: 544 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM