Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Adding a custom field to the Contacts form

By
Glenn
on 12/17/14, 6:29 PM 559 views

I'm trying to make a custom module which requires a boolean field to be added in the contact window.

To be more specific, in the "Sales" tab under the menu "Customers", then you select a customer and then under the tab "Contacts". When you select a contact a window opens where it shows you some information about the contact. I would like to add a boolean field there.

So there's a python file in the custom module where I've added the column:

class res_partner(osv.osv):
_inherit = 'res.partner'
_columns = { 'x_invoice_partner': fields.boolean('Invoice partner', help="Select this if you want to send invoices to this person"), }

Now I only need to add the field to the xml in order for it to show up but I'm not sure how to setup the xml since this is a window that comes from an action.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance

Glenn, try to activate the developer's mode to see which view is active when the action that you mentioned is called.

Ivan
on 12/17/14, 9:22 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/17/14, 6:29 PM
Seen: 559 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM