Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Create a xml for your custom module.
<openerp> <data> <menuitem name="Your Menu Name" id="your_menu_id" sequence="450"/> </data> </openerp>
Make sure the xml file is listed in your __openerp__.py file for your custom module.
A few notes:
- The sequence gives the order for your menu items (low to high), 'Settings' menu got sequence 500, 'Reporting' menu got sequence 170
- for submenues you can use the parent attribute inside the menu tag: e.g. parent="menu_hr_root". If you leave this attribute your menu item will be at the very top
- to manage the visibility for your menu item, you can use the groups attribute inside the menu tag: e.g. groups="base.group_user".
A few more notes:
- If you leave the groups attribute the menuitem will be visible to everyone
- OpenERP seems to be 'smart'. A menu item will first become visible after it (or any sub menu) has an actual action to perform something
- the menuitem tag for xml views is used to create all menues on any hierarchy level. The actual hierarchy is controlled by the parent attribute.
Example for a menu hierarchy:
<openerp> <data> <menuitem name="Your Root Menu Name" id="your_root_menu_id" sequence="450"/> <menuitem name="Your Sub Menu Category Name" id="your_sub_menu_category_id" parent="your_root_menu_id" sequence="10"/> <menuitem name="Your Sub Menu Name" id="your_sub_menu_id" parent="your_sub_menu_category_id" sequence="5"/> <menuitem name="Another Sub Menu" id="another_menu_id" parent="your_sub_menu_category_id" sequence="10"/> </data> </openerp>
I recommend assigning actions to the lowest menu level only. (I'm not sure whether you can add a fourth level)
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 3/5/14, 7:33 AM|
|Seen: 11827 times|
|Last updated: 7/23/16, 12:17 PM|