Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Add new user dont work

Lukasz Wilkowski
on 3/10/13, 8:09 PM 3,129 views

Hello, I have a problem with adding a new user. I use OpenERP version 7, installed on Windows. After filling in all the fields the user and click "save" I get the message: "Cannot send email: no outgoing email server configured. You can configure it under Settings/General Settings." The SMTP server settings is all ok. After adding the ports and addresses, I click "test connection" - information shows that there is communication with the mail server. What to do about?

Regards, Lukas

Same issue, everythings ok when i test my smtp server

on 3/12/13, 6:54 PM

If I create new user without email address, then everything is ok, but when I fill "email" box, I get message like up.

Lukasz Wilkowski
on 3/13/13, 6:07 AM

same for me

on 3/18/13, 8:29 PM

Is the smtp server on the same server that OpenERP is installed on? If your test works through the interface, but not when openerp runs, I would guess whatever windows user openerp is running as does not have permissions to the smtp service/server.

Mike Lindsay
on 4/23/13, 4:18 PM
Ahmed elbarbary
On 9/22/15, 5:00 AM

i have openerp7 installed on ubuntu on VM , i have the same issue and when i try to cofigure outgoing mail server with localhost it give me error: Connection test failed! Here is what we got instead: 111 Connection refused

Anabela Damas
On 4/23/13, 12:34 PM

I've it like this:

image description

or like this :

image description

and works fine.

Make sure that in the Outgoing Mail Servers you don't have several mail servers. To start testing you just have one in this list:

image description

I hope this helps you.

Rafael Reuber
On 4/11/14, 8:53 AM

I've got the same problema. Why a mail configuration is required do just create a simple user?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 3/10/13, 8:09 PM
Seen: 3129 times
Last updated: 9/22/15, 5:00 AM