This question has been flagged
8 Replies

Hello, I have a problem with adding a new user. I use OpenERP version 7, installed on Windows. After filling in all the fields the user and click "save" I get the message: "Cannot send email: no outgoing email server configured. You can configure it under Settings/General Settings." The SMTP server settings is all ok. After adding the ports and addresses, I click "test connection" - information shows that there is communication with the mail server. What to do about?

Regards, Lukas

Discard

Same issue, everythings ok when i test my smtp server

Author

If I create new user without email address, then everything is ok, but when I fill "email" box, I get message like up.

same for me

Is the smtp server on the same server that OpenERP is installed on? If your test works through the interface, but not when openerp runs, I would guess whatever windows user openerp is running as does not have permissions to the smtp service/server.

Best Answer

i have openerp7 installed on ubuntu on VM , i have the same issue and when i try to cofigure outgoing mail server with localhost it give me error: Connection test failed! Here is what we got instead: 111 Connection refused

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

I've it like this:

image description

or like this :

image description

and works fine.

Make sure that in the Outgoing Mail Servers you don't have several mail servers. To start testing you just have one in this list:

image description

I hope this helps you.

Discard
Best Answer

I've got the same problema. Why a mail configuration is required do just create a simple user?

Discard