Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

add new fileds in view_partner_form

By
amina
on 1/4/16, 4:55 AM 290 views

I tried this following code to add new fileds in the res partner form view that I have already inherited in a new module  but nothing showed up after updating with no errors and no effects menchening that i want to add those fileds when cheking the company type button radio not tye person one because in the main code there are some fileds that are invsible depending on this radio button company type.so what could be wrong in this code not showing any changes in my new model

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<openerp>

<data>

<record id="view_partner_form_inherit" model="ir.ui.view">

<field name="name">res.partner.form.inherit</field>

<field name="model">res.partner</field>

<field name="inherit_id" ref="base.view_partner_form"/>

<field name="arch" type="xml">

<xpath expr="//field[@name='website']" position="after">

<field name="rs_ctr"/>

<field name="nb_ligne"/>

</xpath>

</record>

</data>

</openerp>

which version of odoo you use ?

DevTalents Info
on 1/4/16, 5:12 AM

had you put this view file in __openerp__.py ?

Krupesh Laiya
on 1/4/16, 5:15 AM

yes I have put it in __openerp__.py I'm using odoo9

amina
on 1/4/16, 5:21 AM
amina
On 1/4/16, 6:13 AM

well it worked now after adding a missing /> in my code but those fields are showing in 2 selections button radio (individual/company) so I want to show them only on checking the copmany radio button please any ideas??how may I do that?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/4/16, 4:55 AM
Seen: 290 times
Last updated: 1/4/16, 6:13 AM