This question has been flagged

I'm setting up OpenERP v7. I know how to create modules and so on.

The problem is that not all the products will have the same fields. For example for T-shirts I would have Color, Size. But for belts I will have: Material, Length (as an example).

I know the option of using multi-variants but it's very very confusing. It creates a new column for `Dimension values` but then the Name of the product has also the dimension values. It's very annoying.
Also, the access to the `Product Templates` is only accessible from the `Sales` module, so our Procurement department doesn't have access to it.

I would like more if a pre-defined template appears after a user selects the category of the product. Since products in same category will have the same field requirements.

Discard
Author Best Answer

I found out a better way to solve it, which is by using the module product_custom_attributes, downloadable from: https://www.odoo.com/apps/7.0/product_custom_attributes/

This module let's me create sets of attributes that can be later loaded into the product, I can also filtrate the products depending on the attribute value which is cool.

Discard