Odoo Help

Add new fields only to some products inside a Category?

By
Eric
on 9/26/14, 1:38 AM 1,055 views

I'm setting up OpenERP v7. I know how to create modules and so on.

The problem is that not all the products will have the same fields. For example for T-shirts I would have Color, Size. But for belts I will have: Material, Length (as an example).

I know the option of using multi-variants but it's very very confusing. It creates a new column for `Dimension values` but then the Name of the product has also the dimension values. It's very annoying.
Also, the access to the `Product Templates` is only accessible from the `Sales` module, so our Procurement department doesn't have access to it.

I would like more if a pre-defined template appears after a user selects the category of the product. Since products in same category will have the same field requirements.

Eric
On 10/9/14, 2:25 AM

I found out a better way to solve it, which is by using the module product_custom_attributes, downloadable from: https://www.odoo.com/apps/7.0/product_custom_attributes/

This module let's me create sets of attributes that can be later loaded into the product, I can also filtrate the products depending on the attribute value which is cool.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/26/14, 1:38 AM
Seen: 1055 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM