Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

add field to custom module

By
Jamil
on 3/8/13, 10:11 AM 1,762 views

I am new to OpenERP. i am on OpenERP 7.0. I need help in a custom module. I have developed a custom module with the help of Google search and its working fine. The module creates notes. The table 'Notebook' contain three fields (date, title, note). I want to inherit a field from employee table, so that i can relate notes to different employees. So i assume its a one to many relationship. Can someone guide me step by step, and upload the files like __ini__, __openerp__, py and xml view file. I have already reviewed the openerp documents but those are quite complicated for me.

Thanks

Hi, I am new to OpenERP as well, and I am trying to store the name of a purchase order into a specific table/class. Actually I would prefer to store a link to that purchase order, so if the source's name change, I will see the change... Is kind of stuff that you were trying to do by "relate" ?

xiaolong97427
on 3/21/13, 6:47 AM
Jamil
On 3/9/13, 9:57 AM

After spending hours and hours on google i somehow been able to solve the problem. I had a difficult time, therefore, am ready to share the example with those new comers like me to help them save time.

could you please share to me, I have also the same problem. I need to recall my custom field in another table. thank you!

Pangeran arjuna
on 5/2/13, 9:27 AM

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 3/8/13, 11:49 AM

If you google openerp custom module there are many blogs out there with detailed examples.

There is not enough space in this little box to answer you question completely.

ya i know it, but unfortunatly i could not find one with detailed explanation. what if i give you my email would you send me the code? i dont think that it will be a code of more than 20 lines.

Jamil
on 3/8/13, 2:31 PM

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 3/8/13, 5:21 PM

There are some examples in the official documentation. Check out the Example of module creation page.

The answers received so far shows the lack of commitment of the community towards providing support to new users of OpenERP. I have already explained that i am a new user of OpenERP, I have reviewed the official documentation but its natural that everything takes time. These forums are a way to share your experience with others so that the new people may learn it quickly by utilizing the experience of the community.

Jamil
on 3/9/13, 4:02 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/8/13, 10:11 AM
Seen: 1762 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM