Odoo Help

Add field Odoo Enterprise

By
Cade
on 5/16/16, 1:00 PM 787 views

I have seen multiple videos walking through adding a field.  However these menu's do not exist in the same location for Odoo Enterprise.  

How do I simply add a field to a form in Odoo enterprise.  Ie I want to add a field called "Phone 2" to the contacts module

Ray Carnes
On 5/16/16, 1:20 PM

1. Active the Developer mode - from the login name drop down in the top right of the page, select About, the click "Activate the Developer Mode".

2. From Settings --> Technical --> Database Structure --> Models, open the res.partner model (assuming you mean you want to add a second phone number to partners).

Must have been in my blind spot. I swear that "Technical" menu wasn't there the 15 times I tried before

ELREHA Controls, LLC, Cade
on 5/16/16, 4:01 PM

I know how you feel. I often forget which tab I have activated Developer mode on - it never seems to be the one I need.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/16/16, 4:37 PM
MEhul
On 12/14/16, 12:19 AM

First Option 

1.  you have go to Setting menu then after you have see below link to see how to activate developer mode in Enterprise Edition. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B80UVNMTJFKFUWYxQzdaLTZJcXc/view?usp=sharing

2. when you activate mode then after Technical Menu display then after Models menu in list of menu.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B80UVNMTJFKFYkpPME1aUHFBYlU/view?usp=sharing

Second option

use extensions for browser.

if you use chrome then search extensions into odoo debug into chrome store.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/16/16, 1:00 PM
Seen: 787 times
Last updated: 12/14/16, 12:19 AM