Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Add Customer Field in Point of Sale interface

By
Remya
on 3/14/13, 8:46 AM 4,316 views

I want to add customer search in point of sale interface and customer name on point of sale receipt.

Thanks.

agb80
On 3/18/13, 1:17 PM

Download and replace your current Point_of_Sale module whit this one: bzr branch lp:~mmakonnen/openobject-addons/point_of_sale_enhanced-70

Include the improvement you are looking for and other ones.

Great module it does includes all the improvements just it needs to include fixes already included in stable version like Bug #1127114: [Trunk/7.0]: Returning products causing credit - debit value error and Bug#1099404 when you receive payment, entering a number with a comma => the floats after the comma are ignored (in this case even without a comma the zero before the floats is kept causing to record 250 when typing only 25

Jorge Cardenas
on 12/21/13, 2:52 AM

How may I add the partner name (customer name) in the pos.detail report with OE Report designer?

Jorge Cardenas
on 12/27/13, 1:50 AM

How may I add the partner name (customer name) in the pos.detail report with OE Report designer?

Jorge Cardenas
on 12/27/13, 1:50 AM

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 3/18/13, 9:01 AM

Hello,

You can add customer search in point of sale interface by adding following code in 'pos.xml' file.

<label>Costomer :</label>
<select>
    <t t-foreach="widget.pos.attributes.partner_list" t-as="partner">
        <option t-att-value="partner.name">
            <t t-esc="partner.name" />
        </option>
    </t>           
</select>

In partner_list in "widget.pos.attributes.partner_list" you have to pass a list of partner you want to search in point of sale interface.

Thanks, Serpent Consulting Services.

I've used that code, but i'm getting an empty pulldown bar. Any insight? thanks!!

Andrew
on 5/15/13, 2:18 PM

Hi, The above solution is working fine and the customer field is visible, i am able to choose customer from the list. I want to pass the customer id to point of sale order while click on "Validate" button in point of screen. Kindly help me how to achieve this...Thanks in advance

sengottuvel
on 12/12/13, 10:18 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/14/13, 8:46 AM
Seen: 4316 times
Last updated: 3/12/16, 12:38 AM