Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Add a custom fields in Project/Projects?

bogdan baltatu
on 10/15/13, 4:49 AM 1,079 views

Hello, I want to add a custom field in Create Project forms. My code is post below but it's wrong because my field dont appear.What is wrong?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <record id="project_project_extend" model="ir.ui.view">
        <field name="name">project.project.extended</field>
        <field name="model">project.project</field>
        <field name="inherit_id" ref="project.edit_project"/>
        <field name="arch" type="xml">
            <field name="user_id" position="after">
                <field name="my_field"/>

Have you updated/installed the module in which you have written this code?

Hiral Patel (hip)
on 10/15/13, 5:16 AM

Yes with OpenERP server restart, log out, log in and update module. On update module there are no errors. In ir_ui_view my model doesn't appears.. :(

bogdan baltatu
on 10/15/13, 5:20 AM

I think you might have to check that you are inheriting the right view. The view you inherited exists in project.project but i think that might not be the one you require. Use the xpath to define the field location that might help too

on 10/15/13, 7:02 AM

I try with xpath with this syntax but doesn't work (<xpath expr='//field[@name="user_id"]' position='before'>) I want to add in forum with name 'project.project.form' and id='edit_project'. This form belongs 'project' module and are define in 'project_view.xml'.

bogdan baltatu
on 10/15/13, 7:12 AM

Give the rights of 'Technical Features' to the user which enable the menu 'Update module List' in 'Settings->Modules' menu. After this you can view your module in 'ir_module_module' object. Install your custom module. You can view your custom field after 'user_id'.

Hiral Patel (hip)
on 10/15/13, 7:15 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 10/15/13, 4:49 AM
Seen: 1079 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM