Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Actual date that the product was received?

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 2/24/13, 11:17 AM 1,477 views

Where can I enter the actual date at which the product was received by the customer. This is the usual date at which a warranty would begin. The same applies on a repair. A repair could have a warranty or a product delivered as part of a repair could have a warranty.

Gilles Lehoux

--Gilles Lehoux--
| 5 4 7
St-Eustache, Canada
--Gilles Lehoux--

Gilles Lehoux
On 2/25/13, 3:40 PM

On a delivery, there is a field called "Scheduled Date". This field is editable as long as the delivery is not done. This is the date used for the warranty. The OpenERP user can decide what that date corresponds to (departure or arrival) depending on the information available and the nature of their business.

On a repair, there is a field called "Delivery" which can be activated or not. When it is not activated, the end of the repair generates a delivery order waiting to be processed. You can go to that delivery order and enter the desired date in the "Scheduled Date". Note that this delivery order is for the product being repaired, not the products added or removed during the repair.

Once a delivery is done, how can the "Scheduled Date" be changed? I tried activating both the "Developer mode" and "Technical Features" but this had no effect.

Gilles Lehoux
on 2/25/13, 3:45 PM

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 2/24/13, 2:21 PM

For the warranty calculation I would use the date of the outgoing shipping. As far as I know also the waranty functionality of OpenERP uses this date.

You will never know when the customer has received a product. Maybe through shipping-tracking but I do not know a company which handles the warranty start-date this way.

The issue is not the difference between the date the product left the warehouse and the date the product arrived at the customer. Let's assume we have the information.

Gilles Lehoux
on 2/25/13, 3:24 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/24/13, 11:17 AM
Seen: 1477 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM