This question has been flagged
2 Replies

We are using some parts of Version 13 ODOO but would like to fully transition across. However, we are not happy with the CRM/activities log functionality that logs un-editable note string below a company and person.

We currently use a product called Tall Emu for our CRM/activities log. We make sales calls and accounts calls to our customers and log them in table format on the company and person they apply to. Unfortunately with ODOOs notes function it is impossible to filter and sort these activities on the company and person files as they are a long string format.  

(I wasn't able to screenshot our current system to this forum as there is no attach feature unfortunately)

We would like to Easily sort tasks/activities based on advanced criteria and add new tasks/activities, edit existing tasks/activities, add notes and update tasks/activities status without hassle so you’ll never miss another to-do. Below are the basic criteria/fields we require:

Type: Activity, Note
Method: Call, Email, Visit
Department: Sales, Accounts
Description:
Company Name:
Person Name:
Follow up Reminder feature
Date: (Defaults to the date/time when the activity was logged, but can be adjusted)
User: (Defaults to the user that is logging the activity but can be adjusted)
Next Action:

Is there currently an app that would do what we are after? Or if someone out there thinks they could create what we need, please let me know.

Discard

Images are supported in forum posts via copy/paste. You should be able to EDIT your post and do this. Use the three dot menu at the top of your post (right hand side).

Best Answer

You can use this app (search app in odoo apps by name provided below) to preview your own activities.

Apps Name:

Advanced Activity Dashboard

Discard
Best Answer

This is all available  in the standard Odoo CRM app, even in the community edition. The only missing feature is that you are not able to edit logged notes. But in my daily experience, this is no issue for me, as I simply log a new note when necessary.

Your term "Method" is named "Activity type" in Odoo and you can create your own activity types if necessary. Activities are fully integrated in the calendar app and of course there is the corresponding reminder feature.

Discard