This question has been flagged
12 Replies

i customised the auth_signup module and when i click on activation link from mail directly the link is not loading its shows currently logged in sesion , what is the problem?

i tested out in standard openerp instance ,with out my customisation module ,same issue exist please follow the steps to reproduce the issue 1) enable public portal access and 2) click on login to display login screen 3) click on signup and get registered will send an activation link 4) before clicking on the activation link,reload the url(localhost:8069) will display the public portal access screen 5) click on activation link send to your email_id 6)the user id will not be activated 7) if you click on login button on public portal screen which will log out Anonymous user, works fine

Discard
Best Answer

Still present in Odoo 11...   :)

Discard
Best Answer

If I am understanding it right you can't login with two accounts at the same time.

You must quit the old session and click then on the mail link. That should work.

Greetings

Discard
Author

ya thats what happening right now i have customised the portal screen so that user can fill the data and then the activation link will be sent to mail, when they click the link it should open directly, is there anyway to quit the old session manually and load the activation link

But why should the new users have an old session? sorry, didn't get that.

Author

I have installed the portal module and enable the public portal , that will open the public portal screen with (news,job,etc..) . I have customised that page and calling the signup method in res_users on click on button this will fire a activation link to user email . now i have not logged into any account . if i click on activation link in mail i am getting portal screen rather than the login screen of openerp. Is my point clear

yes i think i'm getting it. You're really sure that there is no more session (your admin account)? To be safe, test it with an other pc. If the link is correct (i think it will) i have no other idea. sorry

Author

Thanks for your reply , whats happening is if i open the link in another browser it is opening correctly or if i clear all the cache it is opening

so your problem is solved?

Author

no every time the customer will have to open the link in differnent browser , this is not possible and this will not solve my issue

Okay, i misunderstood that. It seems there is an old session produced by your customisation. You have to delete it after sending mail. But how you can do that, i can't tell you. Hope you will figure it out.

Author

thank you for your suggestion

Author

i tested out in standard openerp instance ,with out my customisation module ,same issue exist please follow the steps to reproduce the issue 1) enable public portal access and 2) click on login to display login screen 3) click on signup and get registered will send an activation link 4) before clicking on the activation link,reload the url(localhost:8069) will display the public portal access screen 5) click on activation link send to your email_id 6)the user id will not be activated 7) if you click on login button on public portal screen which will log out Anonymous user, works fine