Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Accounting Invoice doesn't alter stock in hand

By
Chirag
on 1/5/15, 11:44 AM 998 views

Hello,

I am fairly new to odoo, so the possiblity of me over looking something is quite high

In our line of work we don't use sales orders and we just invoice directly. However I have noticed if we don't use sales ordering the stock quantity remains unchanged.

Is there something I have over looked or is there a module i need to achieve this?

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 1/5/15, 12:41 PM

Chirag invoice only affects accounting entries (money related entries) not stock.

For stock movement, you have to create Delivery Orders (if you are selling something), which will reduce the quantity of the product once delivery order is done.

Same way you have to create Incoming Shipment (if you are purchasing/receiving something), which will increase your stock once it is done.

For the internal movements, you have to create Internal Moves.

Have a look at Keeping Track of Stock for further reference. 

As far as I know Invoices are generated by 'one-click' from a SO, so it would not add workload to just add-in using SO's in your procedures. At the same time your stock movements are being triggered

gunnar
on 1/5/15, 7:15 PM

Yes, agree gunner but its only if you are working on SO. In this case, Chirag is creating invoice manually. He is not using SO, so stock movements won't be triggered.

Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 1/6/15, 4:23 AM

sure, he would have to change his workflow. I was just pointing out that this would not add additional actions really

gunnar
on 1/6/15, 8:45 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/5/15, 11:44 AM
Seen: 998 times
Last updated: 1/18/16, 9:08 AM