Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Accounting Fiscal Position Rule in Odoo v8?

By
Jerry P
on 3/27/15, 8:24 PM 695 views

I cannot seem to get the Fiscal Position Rule to work in v8. I installed the app "Account Fiscal Position Rule" and created a rule for:

Origin.Company: "My Company"

Shipping.Destination Country: "United States"

Shipping.Destination State: "California"

Fiscal Position: "FP_CA"

Use in: Sales Order, Invoices, Purchasing, Picking

I even tried adding a start date and an end date.

I then created a Sales Order with a ship to address in California, but the tax remained default.

On the Sales Order, if I click "Open: Customer" and assign Fiscal Position "FP_CA", then the sales tax changes to CA.

I was following this video, but it seems to be OpenERP v7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Yip6zfZzw

Does anyone know if this actually works in v8 or some other way to accomplish it?

I want to do it via a rule so that I don't have to change every customer, and for customers ordering via eCommerce.

Jerry P
On 3/30/15, 3:05 PM

Has anyone been able to have a client's tax rate assigned automatically by their state?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/27/15, 8:24 PM
Seen: 695 times
Last updated: 4/4/15, 7:33 PM