Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

"Accounting and Finance" multicurrency supports?

By
Alexander
on 5/30/13, 6:47 AM 2,411 views

Hi. I have some questions about "Accounting and Finance" module:

1. Can I set currency for account? What mean secondary currency field?
  2. Do supports OpenERP really multicurrency operations? For example, how can i make money transfer between EUR and USD accounts.
  3. Can I create money transfer between EUR and CHF accounts, if company's currency is USD?
Abhishek
On 5/30/13, 3:26 PM

Hi.

I have some few Answers about "Accounting and Finance" module:

Can I set currency for account ----Yeah of-course---- ? What mean secondary currency field? .... Secondary currency fields is generally related with journals n its for to allow to do transaction with other mentioned currency as well.

Do supports OpenERP really multicurrency operations --- Againn yes ---? For example, how can i make money transfer between EUR and USD accounts. -----there is various way to change it eg in Invoices screen look for currency change option. -----

Can I create money transfer between EUR and CHF accounts, if company's currency is USD?----Again yep ---

Ok. Can you explain me how can I do it?

Secondary currency - it is the currency of the account?

So, in what currency account balance is stored?

How can I do simple money transfer (without order and invoice) between EUR and USD accounts?

Alexander
on 5/30/13, 6:47 PM
Frederic Clementi
On 5/31/13, 6:58 AM

About currency transfer: I suggest to use an intermediate account and to post your transfer with 2 journal entries. ie: 1 - 'Money out' from your EUR bank account (with a negative sign in the bank statement) 2 - 'Money in' on your USD bank account.

The exchange rate will be applied based on the date of the transaction of course.

See : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4GKXfLLiGNtaTFPWFFOUTdqS28/edit?usp=sharing). hope this will help.

Camptocamp SA
on 5/31/13, 6:59 AM
Marc Wagener
On 5/30/13, 2:06 PM

You can use it in accounting to record your purchases : one in dollar, and the others in Euro, Rubel. I buy everything in Euro, but I have some Internet Services (credit cards) in USD

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/30/13, 6:47 AM
Seen: 2411 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM