Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
What is the purpose of the type field on account.voucher object.
I use 2 types of invoice. Payment for Sale and refund of Sale.
invoice payment type on account.invoice = 'out_invoice' account.voucher type = 'receipt'
invoice refund type on account.invoice = 'out_refund' but account.voucher type still = 'receipt'
Could someone explain? I would expect the value of type on a refund to be maybe payment?
There are 4 types of account.voucher:
- INCORRECT: 'receipt' is meant for incoming funds (which include payments for out_invoice [Customer Invoice] and out_refund [Supplier Refunds])
- INCORRECT: 'payment' is meant for outgoing funds (which include payments for in_invoice [Supplier Invoice] and in_refund [Customer Refunds])
- 'receipt' is meant for Customer related transactions (which include payments for out_invoice [Customer Invoice] and out_refund [Customer Refunds])
- 'payment' is meant for Supplier related transactions (which include payments for in_invoice [Supplier Invoice] and in_refund [Supplier Refunds])
- 'sale' is meant for sale vouchers. You can record sales using sale vouchers without having to go through sale order cycle or POS. This is usually used in smaller companies where they don't have rigorous validation for sale process but is don't want to use POS type of interface.
- 'purchase' is meant for purchase vouchers. You can record purchases without having to go through purchase order cycle. This is usually meant for direct expenses purchases with no complicated validation.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 12/8/14, 11:26 PM|
|Seen: 651 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|