This question has been flagged

Hi there,

I am trying to implement the Czech Accounting standards into OpenERP V7. I have got to a point, where I am setting the Chart of Accounts.

In the Czech Republic we are actually having the following types of accounts: Balance (asset / liability) - these are of Deferral Method Balance Profit & Loss (receivable / payable) - these are of Deferral Method None

So far this is OK. Now, I need to set up the accounts. And here I got to an issue. I have an account 311000 Trade Receivables / Trade Debtors. This account should be setup as Balance Asset type of account. Now, if I set it up this way, then I cannot assign the 311000 account to be Balance Asset and type of Receivable (error: You cannot select an account type with a deferral method different of "Unreconciled" for accounts with internal type "Payable/Receivable".). I do not mind so, I would set it as Regular, which I am OK with but then the Invoice Balance (residual) is not calculated / populated as it is only populated for receivable / payable types of accounts.

Any idea on how to fix this? I do not want to set up separate account types.

Thanks in advance ... tom.+

Discard
Best Answer

While creating Receivable/Payable accounts in OpenERP, the internal type defined on that account must have deferral method = Unreconciled otherwise it will not allow you to create Type Receivable/Payable account.

Note: Selecting "Unreconciled" as deferral method means when you close your fiscal year all accounting entries belongs to Receivable/Payable accounts which has not been reconciled in last year (Unpaid) it will be carry forward to new fiscal/financial year.

Hope this help.

Regards, Mustufa Rangwala

Discard
Author

Hi Mustufa,

That part I know. The problem is that for having the correct invoice balance and payment reconciliation I need to have the account defined as receivable. But this account should be balance type of account with balance type of closing method.

This is the law that I will not change. So, I am thinking whether someone else has experienced this issue and potentially solved it.

Kind Regards, Tom.

Sorry for budging into this post, but I have a question regarding account's 'internal type'. I am trying to import a chart of accounts but the following message is flagged when validating the import:

warning -- ValidateError Ha ocurrido un error mientras se validaban los campo(s) user_type,type: Configuration Error! You cannot select an account type with a deferral method different of "Unreconciled" for accounts with internal type "Payable/Receivable"

I have checked 'Account Type' and they seem to be correct, but I have not been able to check 'Internal Type'. I have looked through the menus but haven't found one that leads me to 'Internal Type'. How do you edit these or is this not the solution. Thanks in advance for your help.