This question has been flagged

I am about to re-look (again) at account_anglo_saxon and wondered if anyone had dealt with the approach I am looking at so I can avoid re-inventing the wheel if possible.

We have already fixed the issues with the standard module, but are finding for a large client with high volumes of transactions that it is impossible to reconcile the balance sheet accounts that hold the in-progress entries (for us, these are typically entitled Awaiting Supplier Invoice and To Be Invoiced).

My approach is as follows:

1. All SO lines to have cost price for the product updated (we already do for all transactions excluding ex-stock) and for this to be populated to the move line.
    1. For all journal entries created from moves/invoicing, include a new field source_ref which would be the sale_order_line, purchase_order_line, pos_order_line, move_line (e.g. for a return not related to a SO or PO) or manufacturing_order (still need to think about MO's).
    2. Make the in-progress GL accounts reconcilable
    3. Build a wizard that will mark as reconciled transactions with the same source_ref (will have a tolerance value)
    4. Have a report for unreconciled entries

If anyone has tried this or has a way that they reconcile the control accounts I would like to know about it.

Thanks

Discard