Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I am about to re-look (again) at account_anglo_saxon and wondered if anyone had dealt with the approach I am looking at so I can avoid re-inventing the wheel if possible.
We have already fixed the issues with the standard module, but are finding for a large client with high volumes of transactions that it is impossible to reconcile the balance sheet accounts that hold the in-progress entries (for us, these are typically entitled Awaiting Supplier Invoice and To Be Invoiced).
My approach is as follows:
- All SO lines to have cost price for
the product updated (we already do
for all transactions excluding
ex-stock) and for this to be
populated to the move line.
- For all journal entries created from moves/invoicing, include a new field source_ref which would be the sale_order_line, purchase_order_line, pos_order_line, move_line (e.g. for a return not related to a SO or PO) or manufacturing_order (still need to think about MO's).
- Make the in-progress GL accounts reconcilable
- Build a wizard that will mark as reconciled transactions with the same source_ref (will have a tolerance value)
- Have a report for unreconciled entries
If anyone has tried this or has a way that they reconcile the control accounts I would like to know about it.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 12/19/13, 2:39 PM|
|Seen: 797 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|