Odoo Help

Accessing partners of parent company

By
Nikolaj
on 4/24/13, 7:23 AM 3,783 views

In my multi-company set up the parent company holds all the suppliers and customers. When a user from a child company enters a quotation all the partners are available and can be used, however when returning to edit the quotation the following error is given:

Access Denied The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator. (Document type: Companies, Operation: read)

When I try to edit a partner, I get the error:

Access Denied The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator. (Document type: Partner, Operation: read)

From log file:

2013-04-30 07:27:30,517 1508 ERROR TEST openerp.netsvc: Access Denied
The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Companies, Operation: read)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/netsvc.py", line 293, in dispatch_rpc
    result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, params)
  File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 626, in dispatch
    res = fn(db, uid, *params)
  File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 188, in execute_kw
    return self.execute(db, uid, obj, method, *args, **kw or {})
  File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/osv/osv.py", line 144, in wrapper
    raise except_osv(inst.name, inst.value)
except_osv: (u'Access Denied', u'The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.\n\n(Document type: Companies, Operation: read)')

I am certain I know what the problem is however I am unsure how to solve it. Basically the user for the child company does not have access to the records in the parent company, so is being denied access. I am not sure which record rule to change here, I do not want to give multi-company access to users, just allow them to read and update the partner records held by the parent company.

Should I be changing the 'Companies' object, or the 'Partner' object?

I already changed the record rule for the partner object (res.partner) to ['|',('company_id.child_ids','child_of',[user.company_id.id]),('name','like','My Company Name')]

I don't really understand the record rules, but I using the trial and error method I think i managed to configure this one for my purpose, it shows all partners and siblings. Still the above question stands, what should I modify to get the access I want?

Edit: My Superadmin user can modify the quotations.

(OE v7 Ubuntu 12.04)

In your customer set up is there anything that is company specific. I presume you have left the company field blank since the child company users can see, but look at all the other fields. Try opening a customer in edit view from the child company - can you edit? I know this works in V6 but I haven't tested in V7

Solnet Solutions Limited, Kevin McMenamin
on 5/1/13, 7:31 PM
vanand
On 6/9/14, 7:50 PM

I have the same issue.  All customers must be accessible by all child companies.   When a child company employee creates a customer then the customer is automatically assigned to that child company.  If I remove the data in company field of customer then I can't access the customer from a user assigned to child company.  I get a similar error mentioed above but stating that the user has read only access to the account.  Any pointer will be greatly apprecated...thanks

divya
On 10/6/14, 5:08 AM

Is there any update regarding this issue even i got same problem cannot proceed  futher assistance, please tell me the solution for this issue. 

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/24/13, 7:23 AM
Seen: 3783 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM