Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Accessing OpenERP on Ubuntu & Windows

Santiago EV
on 9/30/14, 6:29 PM 1,186 views

I'm assuming these are the new OpenERP forums because it's the site I get when googling for OpenERP.

i had a programmer install and configure openerp 6 on windows.  It didn't work out so I hired another programmer who suggested I installed a new instance on Ubuntu.  So he installed hyperV? And ran the installation of OpenERP on the Ubuntu virtualization inside the windows box.this means I have 2 internal ips, 1 for windows and 1 for Ubuntu.  The server was on a local network which got reconfigured and now local.102 is windows and local.103 is Ubuntu.  I can see Apache running on local.102:8080 but it may just be the old one.  However I can't find an Apache on Ubuntu.  So first question is: can Apache be running on windows and OpenERP on Ubuntu?  I know for a fact that OpenERP runs on Ubuntu because up to this morning, from ubuntu Firefox, we acceded the web based client by punching in the old Ubuntu IP address:8069.  

Santiago EV
On 9/30/14, 7:17 PM

It seems I'm running Linux OpenERP srv01 3.2.0-57-generic-pae #87-Ubuntu smp.

Neither command seems to work, I get unrecognized service

Santiago EV
On 9/30/14, 10:31 PM

Ok it turns out ubuntu is installed and somehow windows as well, running HyperV.  But for some reason if I type in windowsIP:8071 i get an old instance of openERP which was originally installed on windows.  I need to use ubuntuIP:8071 to get the working instance.

So Im not sure what is running on what.  Someone connected via teamviewer says it seems ubuntu is installed as the base OS and then windows is virtualized over that and ubuntu-openerp on that?  Dunno, that doesnt make sense cause when I boot up I get windows 2008 enterprise login screen.  Its not until I go to HyperV and select the ubuntu-openerp that i can access ubuntu.

Anyway, how do I search for the openerp conf file to view my Master password? 

Ben Olsen
On 9/30/14, 6:38 PM

While it's *possible* to install Apache on Windows, it's much more likely it's actually running on the Ubuntu server. Apache's service name is sometimes called "httpd" on Linux systems, so if you have a shell on the Ubuntu box, you could do something like:

service httpd status

or maybe:

service httpd-server status

It might depend on what version of Ubuntu you've got running, also. The command "uname -a" will give you some info about the Ubuntu server. Hope that helps!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/30/14, 6:29 PM
Seen: 1186 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM