Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

accessing OpenERP database with C#

By
Doug Asker
on 4/22/13, 8:12 PM 3,569 views

I am new to OpenERP. I am faced with a problem trying to share information across different platforms. I have one software application built in C# and another using OpenERP. I need to be able to push and pull data from one data base to the other. The OpenERP uses XML-RPC protocol. The C# program is using Microsoft Sql server 2008. Is it correct that XML-RPC does not require a WSDL file? Is it possible to create a WSDL file to succesfuly implement this? Can anyone tell me what is the best way read and write data to/from the OpenERP database with my C# program and do the same with the OpenERP program?

Thank you in advance.

Jlob
On 6/11/13, 10:39 AM

Hello

Last month i had a similar problem, i needed to parse some txt files and create content on OpenErp. I spend a weekend in writing a library that can simplify openerp access and publish the project in codeplex. Hope this can helps other people because working directly with XmlRpc is not funny.

openerpnet.codeplex.com

I will try to keep it alive because i'm using it¡

Nimesh Contractor
On 4/23/13, 3:22 AM

Hello,

OpenERP has already done this thing for OutlookPlugin which allows to push the mail of outlook to OpenERP also facility of creating contact, creating document etc..

So I think you want to doing the same, communication of OpenERP with c#.

So you can refer the OutlookPlugin module code will help you more.

Apart from the XML-RPC you can do this things with json-rpc call also.

Hope this will help you !

Thanks.

Dale E. Moore
On 4/23/13, 2:33 AM

I haven't tried this yet, but I've been thinking IronPython would handle the dataflow between c# and OpenERP.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/22/13, 8:12 PM
Seen: 3569 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM