This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I am new to OpenERP. I am faced with a problem trying to share information across different platforms. I have one software application built in C# and another using OpenERP. I need to be able to push and pull data from one data base to the other. The OpenERP uses XML-RPC protocol. The C# program is using Microsoft Sql server 2008. Is it correct that XML-RPC does not require a WSDL file? Is it possible to create a WSDL file to succesfuly implement this? Can anyone tell me what is the best way read and write data to/from the OpenERP database with my C# program and do the same with the OpenERP program?

Thank you in advance.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello

Last month i had a similar problem, i needed to parse some txt files and create content on OpenErp. I spend a weekend in writing a library that can simplify openerp access and publish the project in codeplex. Hope this can helps other people because working directly with XmlRpc is not funny.

openerpnet.codeplex.com

I will try to keep it alive because i'm using it¡

Discard
Best Answer

I haven't tried this yet, but I've been thinking IronPython would handle the dataflow between c# and OpenERP.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

OpenERP has already done this thing for OutlookPlugin which allows to push the mail of outlook to OpenERP also facility of creating contact, creating document etc..

So I think you want to doing the same, communication of OpenERP with c#.

So you can refer the OutlookPlugin module code will help you more.

Apart from the XML-RPC you can do this things with json-rpc call also.

Hope this will help you !

Thanks.

Discard