This question has been flagged

I'm running the latest Odoo 8 from the Debian 7 official nightly build repos, with product and project modules activated. I have created a second user with all management rights and this user is able to create projects, tasks and products. With this user I have created a couple of projects and tasks. After the Debian update which I made today, I saw also Odoo updating, and I got the following problem:

When I edit a task and add a "Work summary" in the "Description" tab, I get this error message:

AccessError
The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.
(Document type: product.template, Operation: read)

That the error message complains about a product.template when I'm trying to edit a project -> task, let me think that the update probably has made heavy database changes and the product.template and project/task.template got mixed up somehow?

I had really hard times to figure out in the Odoo universe which repo would be the best to play arround with Odoo and some users without bigger bugs like this.

Someone know how to fix this, or which repo of Odoo would be the best for brainless usage testing? Because at first I would only like to test the imense future list before start contributing to the community.

PS: Why your editor bar doesn't support code tags?

Thank's in advance.

Discard
Best Answer

First, activate developer mode. Uncheck both public and portal in Other Extra Rights

good luck.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Frank,

Check Record Rules & Access Control List for product.template.May be it help to solve this problem.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Frank, I have the same problem.

Discard

I am still on this issue, trying to find solutions.

Best Answer

Frank, I have the very same problem with a second admin I've created. Any news?

Discard