I am currently running Version 7.0-20130314-002547 of openerp in a multicompany environment on debian 6. I am able to create users with the admin ID successfully. I create an ID that has the same rights as the admin ID, I log in with that user with the admin rights and create a new user but I get an error message "The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator. (Document type: Users, Operation: create)" when I try to save the new user. I have looked at all the suggestions on this forum about users and rights and tried them but I am still unable to create and save new users as the new admin user I created. I have checked and unchecked the technical features box and made sure the new admin user has Users/Administration/Settings rights.
If it does not work when your user is in the group Administration/Settings, it's probably because you changed the default access rights rules. Normally, it should work out-of-the-box, unless you changed the access rights rules.
You can investigate by checking this:
- set the admin user in the group "Technical Features"
- reload to get all menus
- Go to the menu Settings/Users/Groups
- Check the group Administration / Access Rights
- In the "Access Rights" tab of this group, you should see a line with object Users having "Create Access" checked
- Then, check the group "Administration / Settings"
- In the "Inherited" tab, you should see a line with Group Name "Access Rights".
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 3/14/13, 4:04 PM|
|Seen: 4082 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|