Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Access rights : I want to block a user from updating partner v7

Yassine TEIMI
on 1/2/15, 4:05 PM 518 views

I have a user with the following access rights : 

Human ressources/Employee

Warehouse / user

Sales / Own leads only

Invoicing and payments

There is no access right, on write for object partner, only for read, for all the groups affected to this user. But still I can modify partner with this user, can anyone tell me why?

Ahmed elbarbary
On 1/4/15, 7:00 AM

the problem is you search for the user groups access rights only but really the groups ma be have iherited groups so you have to look to the inherited groups because also these groups access rights is applied to the user

such as see all leads group have inherited group see own leads so all access rights for see own leads is applied to see all leads plus see all leads own access rights.

Yes I know, I checked all inherited groups, but there is no access right : WRITE on res_partner

Yassine TEIMI
on 1/5/15, 6:22 AM

first you have to check all the groups and access rights assigned to user in setting -->user , then you have to list all these groups and then go to setting -->groups and double check all these groups and its inherited groups access rights and rules , you must find one there enable write and create , i hope you find it soon

Ahmed elbarbary
on 1/5/15, 7:43 AM

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 1/5/15, 4:35 AM

Your question is not very clear if you have a problem with users changing information in a module or only a field inside that module.

If you wish to make one field read-only inside a module then you may find more information here or here.

UPDATE: After some testing it seems that this solution was removed in version 7.0 and above.

I want to prevent a user from modifying all the partner's informations, not only a field, the problem is I checked all access rights given to that user, it only offers a READ function to partner object, I checked all the inherited groups also, there is no WRITE access right on the partner object.

Yassine TEIMI
on 1/5/15, 6:14 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/2/15, 4:05 PM
Seen: 518 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM