Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Access ODOO instance installed in different VPN

By
Sayed Aziz Ahmed
on 3/16/16, 2:16 PM 516 views

Am trying to access odoo server which is installed on a server in another VPN, i want to address the server and access the instance of odoo as we we do in same network using the ip address of server and port number (like 192.168.1.45:8069) 

want to access through internet connection and address it as <public_ip>:<port_no> this should hit to the instance of the network as 192.168.1.45:8069..

please tell me if its possible or not, so that i can put my time and its not waste.

if you know the logic please share, if you think its possible too please comment.

thank-you in advance.

Dachi Darchiashvili
On 3/17/16, 9:10 AM

YES it's possible to access your odoo through internet connection, but before do this you must make sure that port is open and you can access odoo external ip (not private one).
Now you are telling that you are accessing it through private IP (192.168.1.45) but private means that it's PRIVATE not accessible from outside, you can access only from local network.
OK what now:
     1. Make sure you have 8069 port open
     2. From ipconfig/ifconfig see your external ip (if you have one)
and if 1 & 2 is ok then you can connect it. First you can ping your server, if you can't ping your server it means that you have not access to machine. possible situations: router doesnt allows you to connect machine, machine isnt connected to internet and etc

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/16/16, 2:16 PM
Seen: 516 times
Last updated: 6/28/16, 3:37 PM