This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I can access odoo 9, hosted locally at 192.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx:8071, from workstations on the local network but when

I access the local network over the internet I get this screen

how do I see the correct screen?

Discard
Author Best Answer

I can access odoo 9, hosted locally at 192.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx:8071, from workstations on the local network but when

I access the local network over the internet I get this screen

I am connecting by bridging via openvsn so I can connect over internet to private network.

Whether I access odoo by this method or entering public ip address same thing happens.

1. Get the list of available databases

2. Choose db and get login screen

3. login and get screen which is odoo logo top left with edit company data line below and powered by odoo on the line below that.

The original submission had screen shot prior to hitting post so if this edit still doesn't show picture I hope description above is sufficient.

Could it be a port problem in that the odoo url/web interface is communicated over a specific port. The 8071 port is what the odoo server is started with, as I use 8069 for v8, and 8071 works when accessing on private lan not over internet?

Still no picture - if I edit the original question when I hit save I get 403 error so had to post as answer. 

Discard
Best Answer

As I can't see your image and you do not explain what you have specifically tried, just an educated guess: Use your public IP address to access your Odoo instance. An IP address starting with 192. is a local address which is only known in the local network. If you do not have a public IP address, you have to get one. Ask your internet provider.

Also your port seems strange to me, Odoo's standard port is 8069. If you do have a public IP address and you can not access your Odoo instance, make sure you have opened the proper port in your firewall.

Discard
Author

Please see answer above and do you know why forum dropping pics?