This question has been flagged

Sadly I can't enter "Settings/Technical/Email/Emails" (menu_id=74&action=94) with my Admin account:

"The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Message, Operation: read)"

Searching for e-mail/email or message didn't help to nail down the exact record rule (that is missing a read permission).

Did anyone have a similar issue?

Discard

Is it the default admin account, have you activated the developer mode, has the admin user the "Settings" option activated under "Settings/Technical/Users & Companies/Administrator/Application Accesses/Administration"?

The developer mode is activated.
I am using a default admin user with Settings activated under "Administration" in the User/Access Rights.

Any hints in the log?

Best Answer

Hi @Ben schultz,

Did you find a solution for this. I'm having the same issue for a custom template i created.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, 

It is possible that the message is from/created by another user of the database. Then, you will need to activate the superuser as it's the correct way to view messages from others. The normal users, even with administration access, cannot read other's messages. 

I hope this helps!

Discard
Best Answer

Verify all administrator permissions. It is possible that one of them is incorrectly set or some checkbox is incorrectly marked.

Discard
Best Answer

There might be some custom model you have inherited with documents and email model. And for that particular model you might have missed to right the access rights. Please check for inherited models and there access rights. 

Hope this will solves your view access read issue.

Discard