Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Access Denied in creating new user

on 4/2/13, 5:01 AM 882 views

When I try to create new Users under my log in I get the attached error message. This also happens when I try to other admin tasks.. Below sounds like what I"m experiencing.

Access Denied The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Users, Operation: create)

I tried looking in the technical setting part in Access Control List but the error still showing up.

On 4/2/13, 5:35 AM

I also had this problem. A bug fix was released a while ago but only merged very recently, if you upgrade your installation it will be fixed.

If not the solution can be found here https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/1021378

Note: I am assuming you are using v7

downloaded and upgrade to the latest version not seems to provide me a solution but unchecking the users in Technical Settings > Security > Record Rules > Users(uncheck it) seems to be working!.

anyway, Thanks!

on 4/2/13, 5:40 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/2/13, 5:01 AM
Seen: 882 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM