Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

"Access Denied ... (Document type: Project, Operation: read)" despite having read access through multiple groups

Voltsmith Technology Ltd.
on 10/8/14, 8:42 AM 1,000 views

One of my users is facing problem inputing work summary in his Task. Whenever he tries to save his work summary the system is giving the following message:

"Access Denied
The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.
(Document type: Project, Operation: read)"

But, he already has read access to Project object through multiple groups (Project / User, Human Resources / Employee). Also no rules in Security > Record Rules is blocking his access.

How to I solve this problem? Is there any way to find out a users effective access rights for an object?

Any help is appreciated.

Did you install the modules project_work_planning or project_task_work?

Med Said BARA
on 10/10/14, 12:57 PM

No.. none of those. It was working fine until suddenly it was not.

ashadul hoque
on 10/11/14, 1:13 AM
Anand Patel
On 10/13/14, 2:53 AM

Go to the settings>security>record rules>

search the project and edit that rule and make the value like [(1,'=',1)]

this will surely solve your problem

Your pointer helped me identify the issue... thanks. Project visibility mismatch was the cause of the problem I was having.

ashadul hoque
on 10/13/14, 3:39 AM
Dark Shield
On 10/13/14, 1:42 AM

Have you tryied to use Firefox as your broswer?

Yes, and same behaviour

ashadul hoque
on 10/13/14, 2:23 AM

How do I check effective permission of a user on a object? I think this is the best way to go.

ashadul hoque
on 10/13/14, 2:24 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 10/8/14, 8:42 AM
Seen: 1000 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM