This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Dear All,

Sorry to bother you all. I am new in Odoo. I have a question to like to ask.

My company start to use Odoo to see that it can fillful our need on the communcations with our group members . We would like to see that odoo have already provide this kind of API/Module. So that our company can try.

1 way communication - that means in a created group (let say around 300 people). The group administrator can sent a  message to all group members and the group members can receive the message from odoo (the idea plan is the group members can check the message in the mobile using odoo APPS).  The group members can not reply this type of message(just read only) and group administrator can have mechanism to check whether the group members have already read the mesage or not

Is the Odoo can provide the similar functions ? If yes, what kind of API/Module can use to  ?

Thanks

Stephen HO

Discard
Best Answer

Odoo has an inbuilt messaging and communication tool (based on openchatter). The purpose of this tool is to make collaboration and communication internally and externally more efficient and to improve the execution of business processes.

If you only need a one-way announcement tool, you can use any tool available in the world because if it is one-way only, it is obviously not related to the execution of business processes and therefore needs no integration into the value chain.

That said, I do not know if such one way communication is available in the Odoo messaging out of the box, but it is for sure always possible to create an addon module providing this functionality.

Discard