Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

About Companies, Warehouses and Locations [Closed]

By
Jesua
on 5/28/13, 11:26 AM 1,465 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 05/29/2013 15:32:51

Ok, here is my issue and how I understand these three concepts work...

1. I have a parent company and 2 sub companies.
  2. Every sub company has a shop.
  3. I have a Warehouse, only one... a physical place for then products.
  4. I tried to redirect every shop to this warehouse.

The issue is that the users of a certain company doesn't have "permissions" to work with the Warehouse, although, they are as managers of this one. I have trying giving every possible permission to this users, but they are blocked with the message of "Warehouse:Read" or "Location:Read"·

I think the problem goes in the relationship between companies and warehouses, and locations...

What I understand about these concepts is than a Warehouse y the physical place for the products, but how the locations work? In the ebook states that are used for the production, but in my case, I have shops and companies that uses only one Warehouse, should I create a Location for every shop and company?

Thanks in Advanced...

have you assigned both companies to the user?

Davide Corio
on 5/28/13, 11:31 AM

No, because I want the user be able only to see his company details, and no the other one... should I put both companies?

Jesua
on 5/28/13, 11:43 AM

Please see http://help.openerp.com/question/204/one-warehouse-several-stores/ - you can't have a single warehouse shared between multiple companies.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/28/13, 8:52 PM
Jesua
On 5/29/13, 12:01 PM

Ok, here is the answer... You can have only one company with several shops,and a warehouse, but every company must have its own warehouse, because is a different company and has its own accounting rules...

Thanks Ray Carnes...

Jesua
on 5/29/13, 12:02 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/28/13, 11:26 AM
Seen: 1465 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM