This question has been flagged
1 Reply

We want to model a process. In this process, to give from state A to state B, you need to tick 5 checkboxes to indicate 5 things have been done. To go to State C, you need to tick 10 checkboxes, etc.

What would be the best way to achieve this in OpenERP?

Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Let's say your checkboxes (boolean fields) are field1,field2....

In the workflow, in the transition between nodes A and B leave blank the "signal" field, and in the "condition" field replace "True"(default) for (field1 and field2 and field3 and field4 and field5) so if all the 5 fields are True(checked) the object should go to the next node and in the "action" field of the nodeB put "write({'state':'stateB'})"

Discard
Author

Ok thanks that sounds like it would work, but my question is more general/basic, i.e. where to start with making this all happen? Is there a module that allows you to add these checkboxes to a kanban view? Ideally I don't want to be hard coding things, but allow users to set up various conditions that are required to move to the next state. OpenERP should then just validate that they've all been ticked when allowing/disallowing the item to be moved to the next state.