This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Dear all,

The general use of the Journal Voucher is on my point of view the best way to enter daily expenses (and other general transactions) and to control bank and cash. Since I do not have any acknowledge on accounting, I need your opinion about bank and cash journals. Do I require a bank journal for each bank I work with, or all bank entries can be made on just one bank journal?

On OpenERP, everytime I make a transaction on a Bank or Cash journal (using Journal Voucher option), the system assumes the default 100002 Bank or 100001 Cash, depending if it´s a bank or cash journal.

If I need to create a journal for each bank account, where do I define the default account (on chart of accounts) for that journal? If I do not need to create a journal for each bank account, how can I tell openerp, that a specific transaction is on a specific bank account (on chart of accounts)?

My main objective is to be abble to enter daily transactions and at any time access the chart of accounts for a specific bank account and be abble to print/view a statement for that specific bank account.

Thank you all

Discard
Author Best Answer

I've got it. I have found that I must activate "technical features" for the user and go to Accounting / Configuration / Journals / Jounals option. Here I can define a journal for each bank account (if need) and define the default credit and debit accounts for each account. Anyway I will need you opinion about the "one journal for each bank account" situation. Thank you all

Discard