Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[9.0]log_handler: how to get contents of http request/response headers

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/14/16, 11:56 AM 391 views

How can I see the request headers received from my proxy server for debugging?

What do I have to define in the openerp-server.conf file?

Nothing yet with this one @Ermin Trevisan??. I will look into this one when I have time if there is no solution yet

Axel Mendoza
on 3/29/16, 2:57 AM

Unfortunately not yet. I believe in more complex situations with different databases, domains and subdomains as we have, it would be really helpful to know what headers Odoo receives from the proxy server in order to sort out any problems.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/29/16, 3:08 AM

By the way, I'm trying to use caddyserver as my proxyserver.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/29/16, 3:10 AM

I'm about to finish my integration with caddyserver in our Odoo deploy manager. Looks pretty good

Axel Mendoza
on 3/29/16, 3:12 AM

My questions for example are: do I need the dbfilter option, what happens when I'm using the dbfilter_from_header module, what happens if I have configured both etc.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/29/16, 3:12 AM

Axel Mendoza
on 3/29/16, 3:15 AM

The dbfilter option for handling subdomains (database_x.twanda.ch) and the dbfilter_from_header module for customers with their own domain (www.customer_x.ch) was an idea that came to my mind...

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/29/16, 3:31 AM

It should be www.database_x.ch (not www.customer_x.ch)

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/29/16, 3:33 AM

Not need for that, your dbfilter actually it's a regular expression that could be used to match several dbs, it will have replaced %d and %h with subdomain and host values, for example
but also could be:

Axel Mendoza
on 3/29/16, 3:38 AM

I did not think that way, interesting. But to make sure I understand it properly. What I would like to achieve is the following (examples): http-request: www.domain1.ch or domain1.ch should go to database domain1, request www.domain2.ch or domain2.ch should go to database domain2, request subdomain1.twanda.ch should go to database subdomain1 and so on. If a request is made to a database that does not exist, it should go to www.twanda.ch.

Ermin Trevisan
on 3/29/16, 3:58 AM

You could setup a redirect for your www.twanda.ch virtualhost that have the correct config for the dbfilter in the specific instance

Axel Mendoza
on 3/29/16, 3:12 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 3/14/16, 11:56 AM
Seen: 391 times
Last updated: 3/29/16, 2:57 AM