This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi,

Is there a way to add a product to more then one category?

I need this because our e-commerce system wants to have products displayed in more then one category. Or would I have to create a variant or duplicate the product for each category? i'm not sure what the best approach is.

Discard

@Luke: thanks for that tip. Why don't you post that as an answer?

@Ermin,

Done. Sorry it's just a force of habit.

Best Answer

@Bruno,

You can add products to multiple public categories (website categories). Once you've added one category, click the same field and add another.

Discard

Does anyone have any idea why Odoo didn't build the POS category selections in the same way as the Public/Web category selections? I understand why not on the main "accounting" product category because this has reporting, and potential tax implications, but why limit the POS to only one category per product? It would be very nice if my POS users could get to the same items via different categories. For instance: We want a POS Tree Like this. Spare Parts Spare Parts>Brake System Spare Parts>Brake System>Front Caliper Spare Parts>Brake System>Rear Caliper The item "Bleeder Valve" exists on both of those products. So it would be really nice if POS users could find that product inside either category. I realize that if it is in either Front Caliper or Rear Caliper, then it will be viewable in the POS under Spare Parts>Brake System. But that fails when there are 100's of products to be filtered out, or a user navigates all the way down to the final category they "think" it should be in, but don't find it because it exists only in one other category.

Author Best Answer

nvm

Discard
Author

NVM I found it, thxLuke