Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[8] is thereModule that adds "Supplier Code" and "Product Code"?

By
gunnar
on 11/29/14, 2:33 AM 2,680 views

we want to start with to set up the Warehouse Module in odoo v8 and I have some issued regarding 'products' and 'suppliers'
Actually they miss some fields in order to work for us

product   

• "product code" or "product number" (which is being defined by our suppliers)
  • link to a specific supplier (in almost 90% the components we are using are only available by one specific supplier and the supplier is actually almost a property of a component)

supplier:   

• "Supplier code" (this is a number we assign to all our suppliers. It is being communicated to customers as well [who shall not be able to know the name of our suppliers] it is necessary to clearly identify a component

These fields need to be searchable through the standard search tools. An example: we have a fabric with a code 'N23' sold by a supplier with the code 'SF1083FA'

I guess I need two modules to do that. One on Top of 'product' another one on top of Supplier/Customer (which are the same). Also I think I need the database entry "Supplier code" to be shown in the Customer/Supplier Form,List,Kanban View as well as on the product Form, List, Kanban view

As I assume we are not the only ones who use such codes I wonder whether there are any Modules 'out there' who already do that or something similar.

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 12/1/14, 2:54 AM

in the standard product form, have a look at the supplier section. There are fields there for supplier code. Also the main product form has a field for reference or code.

Not sure if they are searchable by standard but you can add easily enough

I found the "internal reference" inside of the product. Strange enough it only shows after you have added a supplier and a supplier's product code. This is strange and also not handy. Let's say you make this product and so there is no Supplier ... Also the search is a little tricky as you need to go through the advanced Search > "Internal Reference" ... also it seems you have to have the Purchase Module installed in order to get this. Which also makes it a little tricky to get to this

gunnar
on 12/3/14, 4:35 AM

Akhil P Sivan

--Akhil P Sivan--
| 5 3 6
Kochi, India
--Akhil P Sivan--

Interested in exploring Odoo both technically & functionality wise.

email-id : akhilpsivan01@gmail.com

Akhil P Sivan
On 12/3/14, 9:11 AM

Hi Gunnar,

There is no need to build two modules, you can create just one custom module to add those required fields (product code and supplier code) and respected search views into the product form. Those fields can be called on all the required views like Kanban, search views etc. Product reference number or product code is already their but its only for internal reference, so additional field can be added to give supplier defined product code.

For any help or queries feel free to contact me (akhil.p.sivan007@gmail.com)

thanks for your feedback. Generally the Modules by Daniel Reis are doing what I need.

gunnar
on 12/3/14, 10:36 PM

gunnar

--gunnar--
| 6 7 8
Germany
--gunnar--

born

gunnar
On 12/3/14, 4:29 AM

regarding supplier/Customer Code: apparently there is something called "Contact Reference" which is existing inside of odoo. Weirdly this seems to be invisible and unsearchable for the user by default.

Forunately someone (Daniel Reis - thank you!) made a module called crm refcodes that pulls these entries out of the database and makes them visible and searchable for the users. Testing this for a very short time I have seen though that this works best when you add these "Contact Reference" in the moment a Contact is being created. When I tried to add them to an existing Supplier or Customer they are not displaying in the list or kanban view and I could only find them using "advanced search" > Contact Reference contains ..." When you added this while dreating the contact you can just type in a value in the regular search field and odoo will find all entires that use the string you entered in the "Contact Reference"

Lucky me. I am only beginning to use this

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/29/14, 2:33 AM
Seen: 2680 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM