Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[8.0] Why wizard fields are not saved before executing method ?

By
Emanuel Cino
on 8/19/15, 5:35 AM 630 views

In Odoo version 8, I noticed that wizards do not behave the same as in v7. If the wizard have some fields displayed in its view, and a button to execute an object method, the fields are not written before calling the method, but after. In v7, clicking on a button would result in a write of the fields values, and then calling the method, which is more handy in my opinion.

Do you know a reason for this change ? And do you know how we could force the wizard to persist the changes made in the view before executing a button's click method ? I would like to have the latest changes available in the method when it is called.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/19/15, 5:35 AM
Seen: 630 times
Last updated: 11/29/15, 5:08 AM