Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[8.0] Understand mail.thread

on 7/29/15, 10:48 AM 880 views

Hi !

Today, I started tinkering with the Open chatter feature. So I inherited the models ['mail.thread', 'ir.needaction_mixin'] and added the widgets.

Now I want to modify some things:

- the first message when a record is created (I can prevent it, but I wonder why it says 'Mail Thread created' instead of 'My Object created')

- the emails sent to the followers (I tried overriding message_new and message_update, but my log doesn't show any message I trigger - via _logger.info('blablabla') -, so I wonder if the methods are called at all)

Can someone help me with this ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/29/15, 10:48 AM
Seen: 880 times
Last updated: 8/7/15, 5:09 AM