Odoo Help

[8.0] Project task, how can you edit/remove an "internal note" ?

By
gunnar
on 11/2/15, 9:56 PM 1,261 views

by default you can't access nor remove an "internal note" once logged in a projects task.

Is there any way to do this (ideally through the Odoo interface)?

I understand the logic behind inaccessibility of a once logged note, but if you have simple errors (somebody logged a note to the wrong task, Typo's or wrong information) it would be nice whether you can correct them (maybe using the admin user)

Hello,

Internal Notes on "Messaging" area are not able to either delete or edit by default given by Odoo. However "delete" feature can be possible easily but edit feature may take bit more time to customize. But yes, there is another way possible. With that way you can edit/remove internal notes from messaging area.

In order to do that go to Settings >> Technical >> Email >> Messages menu. You will find all the messages here. In order to search messages of particular task you need to go to search and apply criteria.

1. Get the ID of your task from browser url.

2. Search in messaging as "Related Document Model" = project.task and "Related Document ID" = '22' ( in my case my task ID is 22 )

3. Once you found the messages you can open each and modify or delete them.

gunnar
On 11/3/15, 3:10 AM

great, thank you.

a small addition to your response ... filtering the view by "related document Model" = 'task' & "Type" = 'Comment' shows all "internal notes" on project tasks

Great !

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 11/3/15, 4:14 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/2/15, 9:56 PM
Seen: 1261 times
Last updated: 11/3/15, 3:10 AM