Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[8.0/Master] How can I include and apply javascript for my custom backend module to apply features to order lines?

Luke Branch
on 12/16/14, 5:50 AM 602 views

I've recently finished porting this module:

from the version 7.0 branch detailed in the following forum post:

There was an unresolved issue in 7.0 that seems to still be an issue in 8.0. The image widget is not displaying in the form view correctly. It will display a thumbnail correctly while editing a line, but will not keep the thumbnail displayed after the order line is saved.

I understand that form/list view is not designed to display images, however this javascript is an officially recognised way of including images on order lines:

as detailed here under developer how-to's:

I have troubleshooted this by trying a few methods to include the javascript to apply to the order line, but I do not see any difference when applying any of these methods to include the javascript and it seems to make no difference whether the javascript is included in the module or not.

I think this issue would be resolved if I was able to apply the javascript correctly to include it in the backend to apply to the sales order line view, however I cannot figure out how to do it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or insight into how I could include the javascript above correctly so that it applied to the sales order line view?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/16/14, 5:50 AM
Seen: 602 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM