Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[8.0] Logging sometimes stops on day change, w/ logrotate=True

Anton Chepurov
on 8/15/16, 4:27 AM 214 views

What could be the reason that logging sometimes stops on day change?

After I've noticed that sometimes logs don't rotate on day change and keep on logging to the same file for many days, I've introduced the following minor change to openerp/netsvc.py:

if dirname and not os.path.isdir(dirname):
if tools.config['logrotate'] is not False:
- handler = logging.handlers.TimedRotatingFileHandler(filename=logf, when='D', interval=1, backupCount=30)
+ handler = logging.handlers.TimedRotatingFileHandler(filename=logf, when='midnight', interval=1, backupCount=30)
elif os.name == 'posix':
    handler = logging.handlers.WatchedFileHandler(logf)

This solved the issue of log files not rotating every day.

However, logger now sometimes stops and only resumes writing to log files after server restart.

Could it have smth to do with the fact that I start 2 servers on the same DB, both w/ workers>0: one is HTTP-only (workers=17, max_cron_threads=0), second is Cron-only (workers=8, max_cron_threads=8, --no-xmlrpc)? I do so because I need to have different settings for limit_memory_*, limit_time_* and logfile for WorkerHTTP and WorkerCron. The 2 servers use different logfiles, so AFAIK that should not be the cause of the problem described (logger stops at times).

Anton Chepurov
On 8/16/16, 9:58 AM

And here is the answer:

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/15/16, 4:27 AM
Seen: 214 times
Last updated: 8/16/16, 9:58 AM