Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[8.0] ACL strange behaviour or bug?

By
Lucas Huber
on 7/23/14, 10:53 AM 1,040 views

I have installed several instances of odoo 8.0 (rc1). On nearly all I have the same problem with ACL's.

The problem is a complete ignoration of a part of the Access rights of user groups, mainly towards editing and viewing other users or contacts. So even with full access rights, any different user as the super user can't see any other user but himself. Nor he can ad a new user or a new contact. This behavior I already experienced in saas-5 version. I'm not shure but the difference from a site where the problem exists to a site which none of such issue could be the installation of the bookkeeping and the localization for Switzerland. But maybe another module could be the trigger as well. In the log I can't find any related messages.

It is very annoying and I can't help my self with this issue.

Lucas Huber
On 7/29/14, 12:30 PM

Since more or  less a week the problem is solved with a more actual release of odoo 8.0rc1. But only if I add a new user. The old ones have still broken ACL's.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/23/14, 10:53 AM
Seen: 1040 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM