This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Dear,

I wanted to edit some of html of "../page/website.contactus" using HTML editor and I fubarized it... I pasted google maps cords in wrong place and now I get:

500: Internal Server Error

invalid syntax (, line 1)

How can I change it back to default?

kind regards,

Darek

Discard

@Dariusz "website" module try to upgrate default contactus template ID Created in Website module and "website_crm" module contactus inherited.

I updated my answer

Best Answer

"website" module default contactus template  createde and "website_crm" module contactus inherited.

In Odoo try to update the website and  website_crm module (using setting --> Modules search website module and upgrate) after that you get default website.contactus page.  If you have contactus page edited using odoo interface i think after updating the website and website_crm module issue will fix.

Discard

This method worked for me.

Best Answer

go to the Backend, then:  settings > technicals >user interface > views

there You have to looking for the template with ID website.contactus. there you can edit it and correct the error

Discard
Best Answer

@Dariusz,

I'd recommend going to the runbots:

runbot.odoo.com

and logging into an 8.0 instance. Just go back to the contact us page once you've logged in (login: admin passwd: admin). You should just be able to go where you where before and copy paste the original back in place.

For editing using the HTML editor, please note you are using a mixture of XHTML, and QWeb markup.

For any customisations if you are on a localling installed instance rather than an Odoo.com hosted instance i'd recommend building a simple module that inherits the view and changes the parts you would like to change. Using this method it is much easier to roll-back changes, you simply uninstall your simple custom module that has applied the changes to that view.

Discard
Author Best Answer

@Prakash

Thats what I did tried at first... tho I sill got same problem... which means that module does not overwrite someting by upgrade... I did uninstall it and reinstall it again, same result... stoping starting server did not helped either...

@Luke Branch

You totaly lost me in there... 

Discard