This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I've installed Odoo/OpnnERP, and I've put the openerp-server daemon in /etc/init.d to get it started automatically on Ubuntu startup. It gets started normally on every reboot and works fine. But sometimes it goes down automatically, I don't know any pattern when it goes down, and I also can't see any reason in the log file (/var/log/openerp/openerp-server.log). It just goes down without any logs. When I find it down, I have to reboot manually to get it started again.

Any help on spotting the issue which causes openerp-server to stop automatically without any logs?

Thanks, Abdul

Discard
Best Answer

Here is the solution, if you using ubuntu means, try to use this cmd in terminal sudo apt-get purge odoo.

Discard
Author

what does this do???

this will clear your configuration

Best Answer

Take a look at other log-files, what happens at the same time? Any resource outage?

You can play with --log-level/--log-handler flags on the server to get more specific loggings. Try to start the server in forground and see if you get more information.

Discard
Author

Thanks, but this is not OpenERP/Odoo server issue, rather just found it relates to VPS memory issue. Here is the answer https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/openerp-server-stops-and-goes-down-without-logs-67196