Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

6.1.1: Emails sometime rejected "need fully-qualified hostname"

By
Peter Neumaier
on 12/24/14, 3:51 AM 788 views

Hi!

I am running 6.1.1 and I am trying to send emails using the "email_template"-Module. Emails are being sent using an internal Exchange-Server 2013.

To some destination-addresses (like gmail) emails are being delivered, to other's (like gmx) not:

SMTP error from remote mail server after HELO <OpenERP-Server-Name>:

host mx01.emig.gmx.net [213.165.67.115]: 501 Syntax error in parameters or arguments

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

------ The body of the message is 164659 characters long; only the first

------ 106496 or so are included here.

Return-path: <Sender Email>

Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1] helo=localhost.localdomain)

by <OpenERP-Server-Name> with esmtp (Exim 4.72)

// <OpenERP-Server-Name> and <Sender Email> did contain values, I just anonymized it for this forum

Other Mailservers returned messages with "need fully-qualified hostname". So I think the messages are being rejected because of this: helo=localhost.localdomain. Unfortunately I don't know where I have to change these settings... 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/24/14, 3:51 AM
Seen: 788 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM