This question has been flagged
6 Replies

I'm looking for a solution for selling products in the web shop with several variants, like color, size and accessories.

Product A with color red (or green, blue or yellow), size XL (S M L XL) and this time the additional flash light.

With product variant and accessory product I have to combine color and size in one dimension (16 variants) instead of 2 x 4 in two dimensions. The accessory product shows up as tips for more selling in the shopping basket. Attributes are not choosable in the shop, they are just shown as extra text.

The module product_variant_multi are not installable at this point.

Discard
Author

Torvald: I have activated booth Support multiple variants per products and Support custom product attributes. I can see product.variant.dimention.* in the database (that looks promising). But in product template form there are only one dimention visible.

Best Answer

In v8, you don't need to install it or configure in the settings.  It is already there.  There is a tab on the product (template) form which directs you to the variants.  

Discard
Best Answer

You don't need the module, variants are all over the place. But maybe you need to activate it in the settings. Unfortunately the excellent presentation from the OpenDays about product variants doesn't seem to be present on SlideShare yet.

Discard
Best Answer

The new functionality (v8 and master) is really very simple.  I believe the sales module installs everything you need.

1. Create Attributes:  Sales -> Product Categories & Attributes -> Attributes
  2. Creat Attribute Values: Sales -> Product Categories & Attributes -> Attribute Values
  3. Add Attributes and choose applicable Product Attribute Values: Sales -> Products -> Products -> Variants Tab

When you add the attributes to the product template, the product variants are created automatically.

WARNING: Edit the Internal Reference field on the product variant form, not on the product template form.  That field should be removed from the product template form when variants exist.  I expect some one will identify this as a bug, and fix it.

Discard

I am having exactly this problem, I can't change the internal reference field on the product variant form because it has dissapear. Did you find a way to solve this issue?

Hector, You describe a different problem. The problem I am describing causes inconsistent results when setting Internal Reference from the product template form. You may want to start a new question.

Best Answer

To those who are looking for variant management

I belive this might be useful.

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-do-we-set-attributes-and-details-on-product-59142

Then read Matt's answer.

Discard
Best Answer

Torvald could you sum up how product variants management is different or better in v8? I guess you were there at the presentation.

we are trying to implement openerp for our fashion store but so far variant management is just a big dissappointment. (try to use stable v7 version)

Discard
Best Answer

Enabling check on Support multiple variants per products, in Settings -> Sales, you can find a new menu item on SAles -> Products -> Products Variant, but no multiple varian possbilities, on trunk version.

Any update?

Discard