This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hello everyone:

following a tutorial programming and modification of modules, in a report says.

"In this tutorial, we assume That OpenERP is installed on a Linux / Debian server and That we are working on a Windows PC."

What this means, pardon my ignorance:

You must create a virtual box to install debian and connect from Windows? I really do not understand.

Discard
Best Answer

A different approach: https://github.com/odoo-colombia/odoo-vagrant

Discard
Best Answer

It assumes that OpenERP is fully configurated and running (most commonly on a debian server) and it must be assuming that you are using PC running windows to access that server (perhaps because it indicates tools that work in windows along the tutorial, e.g. Notepad++ or Sublime Text for editing your files, and putty to access remotely to your server and winSCP or FileZilla to upload them to server), but I guess if you are running OpenERP on windows (or whatever) since you put the files in the right place the tutorial and work with the adequate tools, all should work fine!...

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello, this is actually a tutorial, where WinSCP is used.

specifically: http://thierry-godin.developpez.com/openerp/tutorial-module-creation-pos-modification-english-version/#LI

But I could not move, because when he says:

Navigate to the / opt directory and create a new folder. Name it-openerp modules.

Actually I downloaded WinSCP, but when I go to connect to the server, write server name: localhost, put that port 8069 is the default.

But WinSCP not connecting me says that the server takes too!

I do not understand why

Discard

The default port for winscp is 22,that is the ssh port.

Author

Hello, this is the port of WinSCP, indeed. But I put that 8069 is the default port or OpenERP server, but do not know if that's right. Because you do not connect me, thanks

Best Answer

Connecting with WinSCP is made thru SSH.

Host : IP address of the server

port number : 22

User name : root

Password : root password

Once connected with WinSCP you can browse the file system and continue the tutorial.

Maybe the translation is not so efficient. Sorry, I learned english at school ... but 35 years ago ... I may forgot some stuff

Discard