This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Why scrap product button doesnt work while receiving product from purchase order?

Also while performing internal moves from one warehouse location to another location, scraping products performs the move from current location to scrap location but it doesnt deduct number of scraps from total number of products.

Any help in this regard will be good.

Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

The reason or logic behind is: it does not make sense to scrap stock at the Suppliers location. In that case, you don't scrap, but receive less or you receive it first and scrap it afterwards. The reason why it is not subtracted from the original move is because you might still want to receive those quantities as you will still need them.

Discard
Author

Ok. I just have doubt like is it the intended way of how scrap works in this system. Because sometimes there can be bugs and we never know how it is actually supposed to work.

Hi, I understand this logic. But how do you do when it's a customer product return that must be scrapped (trashed) ? How do I know the value of scrap stock ? Thanks for you reply